|Resolution 16 July Convention Oil Exploration Manipur|
|Written by Administrator|
|Tuesday, 14 August 2012 13:43|
Resolution adopted at the State Level Convention on Petroleum Exploration in Manipur organized by the JAC on Protection of Hydrocarbon &Resources, All Zeliangrong Students Union, Zeliangrong Baudi, Manipur, Naga Women’s Union , North East Dialogue Forum, Lifewatch, Zomi Human Rights Foundation, Sinlung Indigenous Peoples Human Rights Organization, Action Committee Against Tipaimukh Project, Citizens Concern for Dams and Development, Tamenglong Village Authority, Naga Peoples Movement for Human Rights, Human Rights Initiative at Manipur Press Club, 16 July 2012
The participants of the State Level convention on Petroleum Exploration in Manipur organized at Manipur Press Club on 16 July 2012 hereby:
Reaffirm the resolutions of the Jiribam meet and Nungba meet on Petroleum Exploration in Manipur on 22nd December 2011 and 14 March 2012 subsequently which resolved against oil exploration in Jiribam (Imphal East), Churachandpur and Tamenglong Districts of Manipur
Express our concern with the lapses with the Public hearing process for oil exploration in Manipur, especially the non provision of information, such as Detailed Project Report and the Production Sharing Contract and Petroleum Exploration Licensing agreements signed between the Government of India, Government of Manipur and Jubiliant Oil and Gas Private limited. We are also concerned with the misleading portrayal and undermining of the rich natural, biodiversity, cultural and other heritage of Manipur by the draft Environment Impact Assessment prepared by SENES for Jubiliant Oil and Gas Private Limited while publication of the executive summary of the EIAs sans the finalized versions of the EIA is in itself incomplete both in content and process.
Express our concern with the public hearing notifications for petroleum exploration in Manipur by the Manipur Pollution Control Board as public hearings are proven sham exercises which disrespects peoples/communities voices as evident by the public hearings, inter alia, processes of proposed Tipaimukh dam from the year 2006 till 2008 and its outcome.
Resolves that the:
- Government of India and the Jubiliant Oil and Gas Private Limted should stop all petroleum exploration and drilling in Manipur. And in this regard also to stop all petroleum exploratory survey works of Alpha Geo company and others in Manipur
- The Government of India should suspend all Contracts Awarded to Jubiliant Oil and Gas Private Limited by Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas on 19th July 2010 for the two oil blocks in Manipur unless and unless all issues are resolved as per the wishes and aspirations of all the indigenous peoples.
- Provide detailed information, especially the Detailed Project Report, the terms and conditions of all production sharings contracts, licensing agreements, MoU, et al between the Government of India, Government of Manipur and Jubilant Oil and Gas Private Limited company.
- No petroleum exploration and drilling in Manipur without the free, prior and informed consent of all indigenous peoples in Manipur
- The Government of India should ensure that all its laws and policies adhere to the provisions of the relevant economic, social, cultural, political and other international human rights advances, including the UN Declaration on the Rights of indigenous peoples.
- Repeal Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958 and stop all militarization in the name of development that curtails the wishes and aspirations of the communities.
- Formation of a Committee for the protection of hydrocarbon resources
Like it? Share it!